Hot Water Cylinders

They go under different names such as “boiler”, “immersion”, “hot tank” etc. However “cylinder” is the correct word for the device that heats and stores the hot water for your house.

More modern cylinders come built with a layer of foam insulation so there is no need for lagging jackets to keep them insulated. These new type cylinders are called “rapid recovery cylinders”, meaning they will re-heat quicker after the hot water is being used.

If you have a leaking hot water cylinder or your immersion has stopped working, don’t hesitate to call an Assured Quality Plumbing specialist to either provide a repair or, where this is not possible, to recommend a suitable cylinder replacement.